I love getting emails from Naturally Leslie readers who have a story, a recipe, or other info to share for the good of the group, and lately I've had more and more people wanting to do just that! We can all learn from each other and I welcome your input here. If you would like to submit a piece, please find your category below for specifics. When you send me an email (email@example.com), be sure include the category name in the subject line. I reserve the right to post or not post, based on my discretion. I will let you know if your submission will be posted. Thanks!
Your Natural HAIRstory
Do have a journey you want others to know about? Submit your hair story via email, chronicling from the time you first thought about going natural to the present. Be sure to speak to your hair regimen, products you use, and go-to styles. Feel free to include personal revelations, reactions from friends, family or co-workers, and how your hair has impacted your romantic relationships (if at all). You choose how personal you want to get! Also, please attach at least three pictures for Naturally Leslie readers to see. You know how we all love to oogle each other's hair!
Do you have a fotki account where you chronicle and/or showcase your natural hair, styles, regimen, etc? If so, we'd love for you to share so we can stalk it, lol! Click here to read about past FSFJ submissions. In your email, be sure to include the answers to the questions below, at least three pictures, and the name of your Fotki album.
- How long have you been natural?
- What is your regimen for styling and maintenance?
- What products do you use?
- What are your favorite styles and how do you achieve them?
- Is there anything else you want Naturally Leslie readers to know about your natural hair journey?
Natural Brides & Grooms
Submit your wedding day story for other Naturally Leslie readers to see and drool over. Answer the following questions and attach at least three pictures of you on your big day. Click here to see past brides/ bridal related "stuff" featured on the site. Don't shy away if you're a guy! We love seeing how you work with your natural hair as well.
- Tell us about your wedding day look (attire, decor, hair)
- What does you hubby/wife/partner think of your natural hair? How did he/she feel about the style you chose for your big day?
- What factors did you take into consideration when choosing a wedding hair style?
- How did you style for the honeymoon (if you had one)?
- What is your overall advice for other brides and grooms-to be?
Are you a lovely natural lady or gentleman over 40? If so, we'd love you to share your story on Naturally Leslie! Click here to see past examples of other 40+ Natural submissions. Just answer the questions below and submit at least three pics of yourself rocking your natural hair.
1. When did you decide to go natural and what led to that decision?
2. Did you transition over time or do a quick big chop?
3. What are some of your favorite products and styles?
4. Describe your expectations and feelings before you made the leap to natural. How did you feel post-transition?
5. What have been the reactions of family, friends, etc to the newly natural you?
6. Describe what it was like to return to work after going natural.
7. Overall, what has been your greatest discovery about being natural?
8. What advice would you give to another 40+ woman who is considering going natural?
Homemade Hair & Body Recipes
Do you have a particular recipe that you just love for your hair or skin? If so, please send me a short writeup and be sure to include the following:
- Ingredients in list form with amounts (if you measure)
- Step-by-step mixing instructions
- How you use the product or suggested uses
No need to submit a pic unless you happen to have some of your concoction. Otherwise, I will include a generic one. ***Please note, this is not a place to push your own homemade cosmetic line or brand. This is really for those who just like to play around in the kitchen and have stumbled upon a nice mix that they want to share.